The Visual C++ 6 For Dummies Cheat Sheet
includes a quick reference on the Debug Toolbar, the Build MiniBar, Visual C++ Keyboard Shortcuts, Regular Expression-Matching Commands, the WizardBar, Using AppWizard, and Creating a New Project
Free Visual C++ "Cheat Sheet" Inside!
Develop Powerful Visual C++ Programs Today! Get the code, confidence, and cunning you need to start programming in Visual C++ right away. Completely updated for Windows 98 and Windows NT 5.0, Visual C++®6 For Dummies® covers everything you need to know to develop powerful utilities, cool games, or multimedia masterpieces — including object-oriented programming, editing, compiling, and debugging. Jump-Start Your Programs — All the Code from the Book on CD-ROM!
- Trial versions of Ultimate Toolbox, and Wise Installation System
- A 15-day trial version of InstallShield Express
- A demo version of Objective Tool Kit
Shareware programs are fully functional, free trial versions of copyrighted programs. If you like particular programs, register with their authors for a nominal fee and receive licenses, enhanced versions, and technical support. Freeware programs are free, copyrighted games, applications, and utilities. You can copy them to as many PCs as you like — free — but they have no technical support. System Requirements: A Pentium 90 MHz PC or better; 24MB RAM (32MB recommended); Microsoft Windows 95, 98, NT 4.0 or later; Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0.1 (included with Visual C++ 6); CD-ROM drive (2x or faster); and Visual C++ 6
Inside, find helpful advice on how to:
- Get the basics under your belt with a quick crash course on Visual C++'s development environment, libraries, wizards, editors, compilers, and debugger
- Develop reliable, reusable code using object-oriented programming
- Unravel the mysteries of variables, statements, and pointers
- Add class and inheritance to your programs
- Use streams and exception handling
- Manage complex projects using the visual project window
- Debug programs and correct syntax errors